Inter Foundation School Transfer
Looking for Inter Regional Transfer or Inter Deanery Transfer?
Inter Foundation School Transfer (IFST)
If you wish to move between Foundation Schools, you must check the relevant guidance for applicants in the key documents section of the UKFPO website .
- There are certain criteria that must be met for an IFST.
- Transfers will only be allowed if circumstances have changed and before the FY1 year or between FY1 and FY2.
- Transfers out with this period will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances.
All applications must be approved and signed by the local Foundation Programme Director before being considered by the Foundation Leads.
Any trainee in the Scottish Foundation School wishing to apply for an IFST, including moving across programmes within Scotland, should read the IFST Guidance follow the same process detailed below and complete an IFST form
- Check you meet one of the 3 eligibility criteria under which applications are considered:
- The applicant is a parent or legal guardian of a child or children under
the age of 18 who reside primarily with them and for whom they have significant caring responsibilities, and their circumstances have changed since submitting their original Foundation Programme application or commencing their foundation training.
- The applicant is the primary carer for someone who is disabled (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) and their circumstances have changed since submitting their original Foundation Programme application or commencing their foundation training.
- The applicant has a medical condition or disability for which on-going follow up for the condition in the specified location is an absolute requirement.
- Discuss your application with your Foundation Programme Director (FPD) and get the form signed by your FPD if they approve your application
Post and sign application form to:
Foundation School Manager
NHS Eduation for Scotland
Ninewells Hospital and Medical School
Your form will then be submitted to the next meeting of the Scottish Foundation Programme Operational Group for approval and you will be informed of the outcome. If your application is approved in principle, the application will be sent to the Foundation School that you wish to go to and the transfer will only take place if they have a post available. The receiving Foundation School will liaise with you regarding this.
If you have any queries on this process please contact your local admin team or the Foundation School Manager.