You will be notified of the deanery's administrator for your programme when you are appointed as Programme Director. Your Programme Administrator is a key deanery contact and it is vital that you build a good working relationship and a strong communication link. Please arrange to meet with your administrator as soon as possible after you take up your programme director role!
Your Programme Administrator is responsible for:-
- Maintaining trainee data and rotational information on TURAS.
- Arranging Specialty Training Committee (STC) meetings, including booking of rooms, disseminating information to committee members and taking formal minutes at the meeting.
- Arranging Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) and Penultimate Year Assessment (PYA, JRCPTB requirement only) dates, including booking of rooms, securing panel members, creating ARCP timetables, informing trainees of ARCP dates and ARCP submission requirements, attendance at ARCPs for panel support and recording of ARCP outcomes.
- Maintaining trainee ePortfolios and ensuring post and supervisor information is correct, drafting ARCP forms prior to the ARCP reviews and aiding with navigation of the ePortfolio in ARCP reviews if required.
- Initiating trainee declarations on the Scottish Online Appraisal Resource (SOAR) prior to ARCP reviews or ad-hoc as required for re-validation purposes.
- Calculating trainee CCT dates for agreement by ARCP panels.
- Dissemination of information to trainees and trainers as required.
- Liaising with Health Boards regarding trainee rotations and any other issues relevant to their employment.
- Arranging for Out-of-Programme (OOP) requests to be approved by the relevant Associate Postgraduate Dean or Postgraduate Dean and ensuring this is recorded on TURAS.*
- Arranging for Less-Than-Full-Time (LTFT) requests to be sent to the service by the appropriate Deanery contact.*
*Local processes/personnel might vary, please consult your administrator if there is anything you are not sure of.
Please note, your Programme Administrator is not responsible for the administration or recording of annual leave (this will be done by the employing board.
Please note, your Programme Administrator is not responsible for the administration or recording of study leave. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
For all other questions/queries in relation to your programme, your Programme Administrator should be your first point of contact. If they don't know the answer, they will be able to find somebody who does!